Think it’s too early to visit the Biltmore gardens? Think again. A little bird told us that the tulips are already in bloom over at the Biltmore gardens looking as beautiful as ever. So don’t let the cloudy weather fool you!
The famed estate’s notorious display of spring flower power, once called the Festival of Flowers, appears to have been officially renamed Biltmore Blooms. The spring event runs from March 20-May 23, 2014. If you’ve never been, you’re missing a real treat. How often do you get to see over 100,000 tulips in bloom? By the end of the month, the gardens will be full of blossoming tulips, hyacinths, daffodils and other spring time favorites. In late March and early April you can also catch blooming shrubs and trees like the forsythia, spirea, and magnolia. In mid-April visitors will see the hybrid Darwin Tulips at their peak, as well as dogwoods and redbuds.
In addition to the sheer beauty of the event (which is enough for me), you can also take advantage of these free special activities going on during the festival from March 20th-May 23rd:
- Weekends from 11am-4pm, guests may visit “Ask a Gardener” stations in the Walled Garden hosted by Biltmore’s horticulture experts.
- Gardener’s Place seminars; learn to create beautiful floral arrangements. Daily at 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
- Live music offered daily at the Conservatory, Antler Hill Village or Biltmore House.
- Rose Garden – International judging May 23rd
- Grape Stomp at the Winery: Every Saturday and Sunday 2:00 pm. – 5:00 p.m.
The breathtaking grounds of the Biltmore were designed by America’s foremost landscape architect, Frederick Law Olmsted. When you go, be sure take a picnic lunch and a blanket for maximum enjoyment.
We highly recommend purchasing your tickets through the Biltmore Estate by clicking here. Biltmore offers tickets at a reduced rate when purchased 7 days in advance. Of course we can also assist you with obtaining tickets once you arrive and help you with your daily itinerary. For room reservations at our award winning Asheville Bed & Breakfast, visit www.pinecrestbb.com or call 888-811-3053.